How to import Canon 5DS recorded H.264 MOV files to iMovie and FCE and edit natively? Just read this article you will know the way to convert Canon 5DS H.264 files to AIC codec for iMovie and Final Cut Express, the AIC (Apple InterMediate Codec) is the native editing codec for iMovie and FCE.
“Hello, I purchased the Canon 5DS DSLR one month ago, and during the past month I used it recorded some full HD videos, the recordings are in H.264 MOV format. I need to edit Canon 5DS files with iMovie and FCE recently so I tried to load the footages into iMovie and FCE. When I load Canon 5DS H.264 MOV files to iMovie and FCE, I found the videos can’t be edited smoothly, should I transcode the H.264 codec to another supported codec of iMovie and FCE? Please help me, any suggestion is appreciated, thanks!”
iMovie and FCE are popular video editing programs on the Mac platform, many users want to import videos into iMovie and FCE for editing, because the two editing programs are easy to use. How about to edit Canon 5DS files with iMovie and FCE? It is not so easy to edit Canon 5DS files. On the Canon camera forums many users have found that iMovie and FCE can’t support Canon 5DS videos well, because Canon 5DS use H.264 codec as recording codec, this codec is good for recording but not good for editing, so if you import Canon 5DS to iMovie and FCE programs and edit with H.264 codec directly, you will get problems.
As we talked above, it is not recommended to edit Canon 5DS files with iMovie and FCE directly, what’s the best way to import Canon 5DS to iMovie and FCE for editing? The best way is to convert Canon 5DS H.264 MOV video to native editing codec of iMovie and FCE, and then you will be able to edit Canon 5DS videos smoothly, from iMovie and FCE product page you will know that native supported codec is AIC (Apple InterMediate Codec).
To convert Canon 5DS H.264 MOV files to native supported AIC codec, we recommend you to use Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac, this is the best HD video converter on the market, it is able to convert Canon 5DS files and other HD videos to any formats you need, such as AIC codec for iMovie and FCE, Apple ProRes codec for FCP X or FCP 7, you can also use it as 4K Video Converter for Mac to convert 4K files. Now please follow the steps below to convert Canon 5DS to iMovie and FCE (Final Cut Express) supported video format.
1. Download Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac from our website, install this software on your computer. If you need to convert Canon 5DS H.264 MOV files or other HD videos on Windows, please free download the Windows version.
2. Launch the Canon 5DS to iMovie and FCE converter, click add files button to import the Canon 5DS recorded MOV files. You can also drag and drop the videos into the software.
3. Click format bar and choose output format you need. To edit Canon 5DS files with iMovie and FCE, we recommend you to choose iMovie and Final Cut Express -> iMovie (AIC) (*.mov) for output, this is the native supported codec of iMovie and FCE. If you want to convert H.264 to FCP X, please choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov) for output.
4. Click settings button you will be able to adjust the output parameters, such as resolution, bitrate, frame rate, etc. if you don’t need to adjust please skip this step.
5. Click convert button to start Canon 5DS to iMovie and FCE conversion process.
Just wait some time until the conversion is finished, you can click open folder button to get the converted videos, and then you will be able to import converted videos into iMovie and FCE, and you can edit Canon 5DS files natively with them. Besides H.264 MOV files, if you have AVCHD MTS files, you can also use this software to convert AVCHD to FCP X.
You must be logged in to post a comment.