In this article you will know the best way to import Canon VIXIA HF G30 AVCHD MTS files to FCP X for editing with Apple ProRes codec, if you have encountered problems to edit G30 AVCHD MTS files with FCP X, this guide will help you.
Canon VIXIA HF G30 is one of the most popular Canon camcorders on the market, the price is not so expensive and the hardware is excellent. It is equipped with a 2.91MP Canon HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor and DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor, which has wide dynamic range and improved low-light performance. The Canon VIXIA HF G30 full HD camcorder can record videos in 1920*1080 60 FPS in AVCHD MTS format or MP4 format, in this case you can use this excellent camcorder to take vivid videos.
Some users have found that they can’t import Canon VIXIA HF G30 recorded AVCHD MTS files into Final Cut Pro X for editing, from Canon HF G30 product page you will know this camcorder can record videos in 1080 60p with the AVCHD MTS format, if you are familiar with Final Cut Pro X on Mac, you will know that this 1080 60p MTS format is not supported by FCP X. From Apple Final Cut Pro software’s description we know that only few codecs and formats are supported, such as Apple ProRes codec MOV format, this is native codec for FCP X editing, and you won’t encounter any problems with this codec, so the best way to import Canon VIXIA HF G30 to FCP X for editing is to convert Canon VIXIA HF G30 AVCHD MTS to MOV format with Apple ProRes codec.
Best Canon VIXIA HF G30 to FCP X ProRes converter
Acrok MTS Converter for Mac is top video converter on the market, it can help you to convert Canon VIXIA HF G30 to FCP X supported apple ProRes codec with high quality and speed. Besides this, it has the ability to convert nearly all the HD videos to any formats you need, supported formats include AVCHD MTS, M2TS, MXF, MOV, MP4, AVI, MKV, MPG, etc. it also has rich optimized formats for editing software and playable devices, such as Avid Media Composer, FCP X/7, Adobe Premiere Pro, After effects, etc. so with this program you can convert MTS to FCP 7, convert MTS to Avid MC, or convert MTS to FCP X with native codec.
Steps to convert Canon VIXIA HF G30 to FCP X
You can follow the easy steps below to convert Canon VIXIA HF G30 AVCHD MTS video to FCP X natively supported apple ProRes codec MOV format, and then import the converted footages to Final Cut Pro X for editing smoothly, just download the Canon G30 FCP X converter and try it with the steps.
1. Download and install Canon VIXIA HF G30 FCP X converter on your Mac computer, launch it you will see this program’s main interface. This software also has Windows version so you can also use it to convert Canon VIXIA HF G30 AVCHD MTS video on Windows 8.1/7/Vista/XP computers.
2. After you launched it, please click “Add files” to import Canon VIXIA HF G30 recordings. You can add several files at one time, batch loading and converting is well supported by this program.
3. Choose Apple ProRes codec for output, this is native codec for Final Cut Pro X.
4. Before convert Canon VIXIA HF G30 to FCP X, you can click settings button to customize the output parameters as you need.
5. Click convert button to start the conversion process.
The Canon VIXIA HF G30 FCP X converter will start the conversion immediately, when the AVCHD to FCP X conversion finished, you can load video into Final Cut Pro X or FCP 7 for editing natively.
You must be logged in to post a comment.