From this article, you will get to know the way to import JVC GY-HM170 AVCHD MTS files to FCP X, you can solve the JVC GY-HM170 to FCP X importing and editing issue easily, and you will be able to edit JVC GY-HM170 videos with Final Cut Pro X smoothly.
In recent months many camcorder users are attracted by JVC GY-HM170 camcorder, which is a 4K camcorder at a low price, since it released many users decided to buy it. JVC GY-HM170 used Single 1/2.3″ CMOS Sensor, 12x Optical and 24x Dynamic Zoom, 1/4 and 1/16 ND Filter Settings. With this 4K camcorder you can record 3840 x 2180 4K in 24 or 30p, at a bitrate of 150 Mbps, encoding the file in a .MOV-wrapped H.264 codec. Or you can use it to record 1080p at up to 60 fps in MOV or AVCHD MTS format.
JVC GY-HM170 to FCP X issue reported:
“Can you give some suggestions to me? I have bought JVC GY-HM170 4K camcorder not long ago, and until today I have recorded about one hundred clips. Today I need to edit some videos with FCP X on Mac, but when I try to load JVC GY-HM170 files to FCP X, the program told me my files are not supported, so I checked the clips and found they are in MTS format, from the instruction book I know JVC GY-HM170 can record videos in AVCHD MTS format, is this format not compatible with FCP X? How can I import JVC GY-HM170 to FCP X for editing smoothly?”
After you got the JVC GY-HM170 4K camcorder, you may have recorded some videos with it, this camcorder can help you to record videos in 4K MOV format or 1080p AVCHD MTS format, if you have the need to import JVC GY-HM170 AVCHD MTS files to FCP X, you will find that your video files are not supported by Final Cut Pro X, what’s the reason? It is because Final Cut Pro X can’t edit some special video formats, such as AVCHD MTS, MXF, etc. so it means you can’t import JVC GY-HM170 AVCHD to FCP X for editing directly. In this case, how can we solve JVC GY-HM170 to FCP X issue? Please don’t worry, you just need to use Acrok MTS Converter for Mac software, which will help you to convert JVC GY-HM170 recorded AVCHD MTS files to FCP X native supported Apple ProRes codec, and then you won’t have any problems with final cut.
This JVC GY-HM170 to FCP X converter is very effective, with it you can get your JVC GY-HM170 recorded MTS files converted to Apple ProRes codec MOV format in few clicks, and then you can do editing as you want. Besides AVCHD MTS files, Acrok MTS Converter for Mac also support MXF, MOV, MP4, WMV, FLV, VOB, MPG, MPEG or other files, with this program you don’t need to worry about any video playback and editing issues. Just click the link and download it.
1. Install JVC GY-HM170 to FCP X converter on your Mac, if you need to convert AVCHD video on Windows platform, please try the Windows version, it is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows XP, etc.
2. Run Acrok MTS Converter for Mac and click add files button to import JVC GY-HM170 recordings, you can also directly drag and drop the footages, batch loading and converting is supported by Acrok software. It can convert MTS to FCP 7 or convert MTS to FCP X.
3. Click format column and choose output format you need. To convert JVC GY-HM170 to FCP X native codec, please choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), this is the best format for Final Cut Pro X editing.
4. If you want to adjust the output settings, please press the settings button on the main interface, and then you can change the resolution, bitrate, frame rate and others, you can also select “Merge all files into one” option to merge your videos into one file.
5. Edit feature is available to use, you can trim AVCHD MTS files, crop videos, add watermark to videos, replace audio of videos, etc.
6. The final step is to click convert button to start the video conversion.
When your JVC GY-HM170 AVCHD MTS files are converted to Apple ProRes codec for FCP X, please click open folder to get the output videos, and then you can import them to Final Cut Pro X for editing without any problems.
You must be logged in to post a comment.