In this article you will know the way to import videos from Nikon D810A to Avid Media Composer and Sony Vegas Pro, you can also convert Nikon D810A H.264 MOV files to DNxHD codec for Avid MC and native format for Sony Vegas Pro, and then you can edit Nikon D810A files smoothly.
Nikon D810A DSLR is a hot camera on the market, many users choose to buy it because of its optical IR cut filter, this feature is great for photographing distant nebulae and other astronomical phenomena with utmost clarity and color accuracy. The Nikon D810A uses 36.3MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 4 Image Processor, it has the ability to record full HD videos at 24, 30 and 60 fps. Video recording is supported in both FX and DX formats with an ISO range from 200 to 12,800, you can get high quality videos with Nikon D810A with the feature of no optical low pass filter.
“Can anyone help me to import Nikon D810A to Avid Media Composer and Sony Vegas Pro? Recently I purchased Nikon D810A DSLR and used it recorded some 1080p videos, but now I would like to know the method to edit Nikon D810A files natively with Avid Media Composer and Sony Vegas Pro, because I found the Avid MC and Sony Vegas Pro can’t support Nikon D810A H.264 MOV files smoothly, can you help me? Thank you!”
Nikon D810A is able to record videos in H.264 MOV format, the resolution can be full HD 1080p at 24, 30 and 60 fps, after you recorded some videos with Nikon D810A you may have the need to import Nikon D810A H.264 MOV files into editing programs like Avid MC and Sony Vegas Pro, but it is not so easy to edit the footages smoothly, because H.264 codec is not an ideal codec for editing, you will not be able to edit Nikon D810A H.264 files smoothly with Avid MC and Sony Vegas Pro. In this case, how to import Nikon D810A to Avid Media Composer and Sony Vegas Pro and edit natively? The effective method is to convert Nikon D810A H.264 codec to DNxHD codec for Avid, and convert Nikon D810A H.264 files to WMV/MPG for Sony Vegas Pro, they are native formats for Avid MC and Sony Vegas Pro, now please follow the method below to convert Nikon D810A H.264 files to Avid Media Composer and Sony Vegas Pro supported format. If you have MTS videos, you can also use it to convert MTS to Avid Media Composer.
1. Please download Acrok HD Video Converter Windows version or Mac version, and then install on your Mac or PC, launch it you will see the main interface of the program.
2. Click add files button to import Nikon D810A H.264 files that you want to convert, you can add batch files at one time, or just drag and drop the videos into the software. You can also import MTS files and convert MTS to FCP X, Avid Media Composer or Sony Vegas Pro.
3. Click format column to choose output format. To transcode Nikon D810A H.264 files to Avid MC, please choose Editing Software -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov); to transcode Nikon D810A H.264 files to Sony Vegas Pro, please choose Editing Software -> Sony Vegas Pro MOV/MPG/WMV. If you need to edit videos with other programs please choose output format according to your need, for example you can convert H.264 to FCP X/7 supported Apple ProRes codec MOV format.
4. If you want to adjust output parameters, please click settings button and then adjust the resolution, bitrate, frame rate, codec or others.
5. The final step is to click convert button to start Nikon D810A to Avid Media Composer and Sony Vegas Pro conversion process. If you have videos recorded by other cameras, you can also use this software to convert them, for example you can use it as Olympus Video Converter to convert Olympus videos.
When the conversion process is done, you can get the output videos by clicking open folder button, and then you can import converted videos into Avid MC or Sony Vegas Pro for editing natively.
You must be logged in to post a comment.