Not long ago Sony just released the RX100 III (aka RX100M3) camera, this camera is mainly for enthusiasts, albeit now deeper-pocketed ones. The RX100 III has equipped with newer-generation image-processor, better lens and built-in electronic viewfinder (EVF), there are many new features with Sony RX100 III.
After upgrading to the newer Bionz X processing engine, Sony RX100 III can offer us better photo quality and video quality. It has added support for XAVC S codec besides AVCHD and MP4, it means that you can shoot 1080p videos at a much faster data rate with very little compression.
Sony RX100 III FCP X problem
After you got the Sony RX100 III camera, you must have taken some photos and recorded some 1080p videos. As more and more users to use this camera, more problems occurred and talked on the forum. There are a lot of users have problems when they want to import Sony RX100 III to FCP X for editing. From Sony RX100 III official product page or user manual, you will know that Sony RX100 III can record videos in XAVC S, AVCHD and MP4 format. Except MP4 format, XAVC S and AVCHD are not friendly formats for FCP X editing, you will meet with video compatibility problems, such as importing and editing problems.
To import Sony RX100 III XAVC S/AVCHD/MP4 to final cut pro X for editing smoothly, you will need to convert Sony RX100 III video to best supported format for FCP X. On final cut pro website, you will get the info that apple prores codec MOV format is the best for FCP X, you just need to convert Sony RX100 III AVCHD to FCP X apple prores codec, and then you won’t have Sony RX100 III to Final cut pro X problems any more.
How to convert Sony RX100 III to FCP X apple prores codec?
Acrok MTS Converter is chosen by many users to convert their MTS files, it is the best MTS Converter software on the market, it has optimized native formats for editing software and players, such as apple prores 422/4444 codec for FCP X/7/6, DNxHD codec for Avid Media Composer, WMV/MOV for Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5/CS4, etc.
Now please follow the easy steps below to convert Sony RX100M3 files to FCP X or FCP 7 apple prores codec, you can also use this Sony RX100 III converter to convert 1080p videos to AVI, MKV, MOV, WMV, FLV, MPG, etc.
1. Free download Acrok MTS Converter Mac version, if you also need to convert Sony RX100 III files on Windows, you can also use its windows version.
2. Install and launch this wonderful MTS Converter on your Mac computer, you will see its brief main interface. Please click the add button to load your Sony RX100 III recorded files, you can directly drag and drop the videos.
3. After loading the files, please click format bar on this Apple ProRes Converter to choose output format. Because you are going to edit Sony RX100 III files with FCP X/7, so you are recommended to choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov) codec, it is best native codec for FCP X/7/6.
4. If you want to customize the output resolution, bitrate, frame rate and others, you can click the “Settings” button to modify.
5. The last step is to click convert button to start the conversion.
Just wait some time, this Sony RX100 III to FCP X converter will do the conversion at fast speed with top quality, when the conversion finished, you can open the output folder and get the converted videos, and then you can edit Sony RX100 III video with FCP X with apple prores codec, you won’t have any importing and editing problems.
Sony RX100 III Main Features:
20.1MP 1″ Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor
Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
Full HD Video Recording
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
Dynamic Range Optimizer
Picture Effect modes
Multi Frame NR
Tags: Sony RX100 III FCP X, Sony RX100 III to FCP X, Sony RX100 III to Final Cut Pro X, Sony RX100 III converter
You must be logged in to post a comment.