In this article you will get the best free MTS player for Mac and Windows 10, Windows 8.1 platform, and then you can play Canon, Sony, JVC and Panasonic MTS video files on MAC and Windows freely, you won’t have any MTS video playback issue.
MTS playback issue:
“Hi, can you tell me the way to play MTS files on MAC? I have bought a new Sony camera which can record full HD 1080p videos in MTS format, these days I used it recorded some videos and have transferred them onto my iMac computer, when I try to play these MTS videos, the QuickTime player on my Mac said the video format is not supported so I can’t play MTS files on Mac now, can you recommend a MTS player on Mac for me? Or can you share the way to play MTS files? Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks!”
“Hello, can you help me to solve the MTS file issue? I have got some videos in MTS format, I am not familiar with this video format but I need to play them on Windows 7 PC, I tried some players like Windows media player and others, they all can’t play the MTS files, I am in a hurry, so can you help me to solve this MTS video playback problem? Thank you!”
If you like recording you will find a lot of users complained on the forums that they have recorded some videos that can’t be played by common players like QuickTime and Windows media player, these recordings may be in video formats like MTS, M2TS, MOV, MXF, etc. as we know most cameras and camcorders will use advanced video format as recording format, for example some high-end cameras of Sony, Canon and Panasonic can record videos in MXF format, and most Sony, Canon, Panasonic camcorders and cameras can record videos in MTS format, MTS format is often used, so if you have got a Sony or Panasonic camera or camcorder in hand you will meet with MTS video format.
To most common players like QuickTime and Windows media player, they can play limited video formats with limited codecs, such as H.264 MP4 format, H.264 MOV format and H.264 WMV format, etc. most players will not support recording video formats like MTS, M2TS and MXF. So if you have videos in MTS format, you will not be able to play them with common players, or you will have playback issues, just like the problems showed above.
How to play MTS files on Mac and Windows 10/8.1/7?
From the information above you will know that most players can’t play MTS video files, so you will have problems when you want to play MTS video files. In this case, how can we play MTS files on MAC and Windows? Is there a MTS player that can help us? The answer is yes, please don’t worry about the MTS playback issue, here we will share the best MTS player with you, which can help you to play MTS files on Mac and Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and it can also help you to convert MTS files to other video formats like MOV, MP4, Apple ProRes 422/4444, AVI, MKV, WMV, DNxHD, etc.
Best MTS player free download
The best MTS player recommended is Acrok MTS Converter for Mac/Windows, this software can help you to play all the HD videos, such as MTS, M2TS, MOV, MP4, M4V, AVI, MKV, FLV, MXF, etc. Sony, Canon, Panasonic and JVC recorded MTS files are all supported, with this software you don’t need to worry about any MTS playback issue. Besides, this software can work as best MTS converter, it will convert MTS or other HD videos to any formats you need, such as convert MTS to MOV, convert MTS to MP4, convert MTS to AVI, etc. now please download this software from the link below.
Steps to play MTS files on Mac and Windows 10/8.1/7
1. Free download Acrok MTS converter for Mac or Windows from our website, install and launch it you will see the interface. Please click “Add files” button to import the videos that you want to play or convert.
2. After you loaded the MTS videos, you can play MTS files with this software, please select the video that you want to play, and then click the play button on the interface of preview Windows on the right of the main interface. You can click the full screen button if you want to play the videos in full screen.
3. If you want to convert the videos, just select the output format as you want, you can convert MTS to MP4, convert MTS to MOV, convert MTS to AVI, etc. this software also has optimized formats for editing programs, you can convert MTS to FCP X, convert MTS to Avid Media Composer, convert MTS to iMovie, etc.
4. If you want to adjust the output parameters, please click the settings button on the main interface to adjust the settings according to your need.
5. Click convert button to start MTS video conversion. When the MTS files are converted you can use converted videos as you want.
Now you may have known the way to play MTS files on Mac and Windows 10/8.1/7, please free download this MTS player or MTS converter and try as you want, hope this software can solve your MTS video playback issue.