In this article, you will know the way to import Panasonic GM5 camera recorded AVCHD MTS files to FCP X for editing natively, you can get the best AVCHD MTS converter whuch will help you to convert Panasonic GM5 files to FCP X supported Apple ProRes 422/4444 codec MOV format.
Panasonic GM5 is a mirrorless micro four thirds digital camera, it is released not long ago, it features venus engine image processor and a 16-megapixel Digital Live MOS sensor, which can produce full HD 1080p video at up to 60 FPS and high-resolution images, the sensor and the processor will work together to produce high resolution imagery that exhibits a great deal of detail, clarity and overall impressive image quality. So it is a great camera for you.
“How can I import Panasonic GM5 AVCHD MTS videos to FCP X? I have purchased Panasonic GM5 camera one month ago and used it recorded a lot of photos and some videos, now I need to edit these recordings with final cut pro X on Mac, but when I import the FCP X said the video format is not supported, these videos are in AVCHD MTS format at 1080 60p resolution, can you tell how to import Panasonic GM5 AVCHD MTS files to FCP X? Thanks!”
This question is asked by a new Panasonic GM5 user, on the forums there are some Panasonic GM5 users have the same issue, they all found that FCP X can’t support Panasonic GM5 recorded AVCHD MTS files, in this case how can we load Panasonic GM5 files to FCP X for editing? From final cut pro X product page you will learn that only few video formats are supported by FCP X, and the AVCHD MTS format is not supported, you will need to transcode videos to FCP X supported video format for importing and editing. Here you will need to use Acrok MTS Converter for Mac, which is a professional MTS video converter that can help you to convert MTS files and other videos to Apple ProRes 422 codec for FCP X or FCP 7, and then you can edit videos with final cut pro on Mac natively.
Free download Panasonic GM5 to FCP X converter
The easy way to convert Panasonic GM5 AVCHD MTS files to FCP X
1. Free download and install Panasonic GM5 to FCP X converter, aka Acrok MTS converter for Mac, install this software on your Mac computer. This software also has Windows version, so if you need to convert Panasonic GM5 AVCHD MTS files on Windows platform, you can choose to download and install Windows version.
2. Launch this Panasonic GM5 MTS to FCP X converter, you will see its brief main interface, please click add files button to import the videos that you want to convert, AVCHD MTS, M2TS, MXF, MOV, MP4, MKV, AVI, WMV, VOB, MPG, TiVo, etc. are all supported to import.
3. Click format bar to select a video format for output, to edit Panasonic GM5 AVCHD MTS files with FCP X, please choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), this is best codec for editing with FCP X and FCP 7. Besides converting MTS to FCP 7 and FCP X, you can also convert MTS to Avid Media Composer.
4. If you want to customize the output parameters before convert Panasonic GM5 to FCP X, please click settings button and then you are avail to adjust the resolution, bitrate, frame rate, etc. according to your need.
5. Click convert button to start Panasonic GM5 AVCHD MTS conversion process.
The Panasonic GM5 FCP X converter will start the Apple ProRes codec conversion immediately, when it finished the Panasonic GM5 AVCHD MTS to Apple ProRes MOV conversion, you can import the converted videos to final cut pro X/7 for editing natively.
You must be logged in to post a comment.