From this article, you will know the way to import Panasonic VariCam HS files to FCP X, Avid MC & Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 and edit natively, you will be able to solve Panasonic VariCam HS videos’ importing and editing issues easily, and we have the best Panasonic VariCam HS video converter for you.
Panasonic VariCam HS camcorder is newly released, this high-end camcorder is very powerful, it incorporates Panasonic popular AVC-ULTRA family of video codecs and high speed 1080p image capture of up to 240fps, so with this camcorder you can record extraordinary high-definition imagery for the most demanding documentary. It is able to record rich video codecs and formats, such as AVC-Intra Class100 (recording as 1080/24p, 30p or 60p format with VFR (up to 240p), AVC-Intra Class200 (up to 30p/60i) and AVC-Intra Class 4:4:4 (up to 30p), etc.
Import Panasonic VariCam HS to FCP X, Avid MC & Premiere Pro
“Hello, recently I bought the Panasonic VariCam HS as new camcorder for my studio, I have used it to recorded some 1080 60p videos, but now I have problems to import Panasonic VariCam HS to FCP X, Avid MC & Premiere Pro for smooth editing, because I noticed these editing programs has bad support for Panasonic VariCam HS files, videos can’t be imported or edited, so can you recommend a good way to import Panasonic VariCam HS to FCP X, Avid MC & Premiere Pro and edit natively? Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks!”
Do you have problems to import Panasonic VariCam HS to FCP X, Avid MC & Premiere Pro? On the forums, a lot of users have encountered the issue to edit Panasonic VariCam HS files with editing programs include FCP X, Avid and Premiere, because Panasonic VariCam HS recorded videos are in advanced codecs and formats, they are not well supported by editing programs currently, so when you want to import and edit the footages, you will have problems. In this case, what’s the best way to import Panasonic VariCam HS to FCP X, Avid MC & Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5 for editing? It is to transcode Panasonic VariCam HS files to FCP X, Avid MC & Premiere Pro native supported codecs and formats, such as Apple ProRes 422 codec for FCP X, WMV/MOV for Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5, DNxHD codec for Avid Media Composer, etc.
How to convert Panasonic VariCam HS to FCP X, Avid MC & Premiere Pro native formats?
In order to convert Panasonic VariCam HS files to native formats for editing programs, you will need to use a powerful video converter which needs to support Panasonic VariCam HS recorded advanced codecs and formats. We recommend you to choose the best video converter on the market, that’s Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac or Windows, this software can convert Panasonic VariCam HS files to any formats you need, such as Apple ProRes codec for FCP X, DNxHD codec for Avid Media Composer, WMV/MOV for Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5, AIC codec for iMovie, etc. it can also work as 4K Video Converter for Mac to convert 4K files for you.
Free download Acrok HD Video Converter
Step-by-step guide to convert Panasonic VariCam HS to FCP X, Avid MC & Premiere Pro
1. Install Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac or Windows version on your computer, run it you will see the main interface, it is brief and it is easy to use.
2. Please click add files button to import Panasonic VariCam HS recordings that you need to convert, batch loading and converting is well supported by this excellent Panasonic VariCam HS video converter. It can help you to convert MTS to Apple ProRes 422, convert MXF files to FCP X, etc.
3. Please choose native output formats for editing programs. To edit Panasonic VariCam HS with FCP X, please choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov); to edit Panasonic VariCam HS files with Avid Media Composer, please choose Editing Program -> Avid DNxHD; to edit Panasonic VariCam HS videos with Adobe Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5, please choose MOV format on Mac and WMV format on Windows.
4. You can adjust the resolution, bitrate, frame rate or other parameters by clicking settings button, just choose the parameters you need.
5. Click convert button, the Panasonic VariCam HS conversion will begin.
When the conversion is done, you can import converted Panasonic VariCam HS files to FCP X, Avid MC & Premiere Pro, and then you can edit the footages with native codecs and formats.
Tip: If you have other HD videos like MXF or MTS, you can also convert MTS to FCP X, convert MXF to FCP X, etc. just take a try.
About the author