In this article you can learn the way to play WMV files on Sony LED TV and Sony 4K TV from USB port, this article will share the method to solve WMV to Sony TV video playback issue, now please follow this article to play WMV on Sony TV with compatible format.
WMV to Sony LED TV playback issue:
“Hi, last week I bought a new Sony LED 4K TV for watching movies, I have download some movies from the Internet, these movies are in different video formats, such as MP4, WMV, MKV, etc. I learnt that Sony LED TV can play movies from USB port, so I copied two WMV movies to USB Flash Driver and want to play WMV on Sony LED TV from USB port, I tried several times but always failed to play the videos from USB, I guess the WMV video format is not supported by Sony TV, can anyone help me to solve this issue? Thanks in advance!”
Sony HDTVs are hot products on the TV field, there are many users choose to buy Sony TV due to its excellent quality and advanced features, in the past years Sony has released many 4K Ultra HD TVs and Full HDTVs, today there are more and more users prefer to buy 4K TVs, because with 4K TV we can get vivid images, 4K Ultra HD is four times the resolution of Full HD 1080p, it is great for us to enjoy movies with Sony 4K TV.
Just like the question asked above, many Sony 4K TV user want to transfer movies to USB flash drive and then play movies on Sony TV through USB port. But it is not so easy to play videos on Sony TV from USB, because not all the video formats are supported to play through USB, for example, Sony LED TV and 4K TV can’t play WMV videos from USB flash drive, in this case how can we watch WMV videos on Sony TV via USB port? The best way is to use a video converter to convert WMV files to Sony TV supported format like MP4, and then we can play videos or movies on Sony TV with compatible format through USB.
In order to convert WMV to Sony LED TV and 4K TV supported format, you will need to use video converter program, here we would like to recommend the best Sony TV video converter for you, the program is Acrok Video Converter Ultimate, this program has Windows version and Mac version, which has the ability to convert WMV, MKV, AVI, MOV, MP4, FLV, MPG, MTS, VOB to any video formats you need, such as Sony TV supported format, Samsung TV supported format, Panasonic TV compatible format, etc. besides these HD videos, you can also import Blu-ray and DVD discs into it, the software will rip blu-ray and DVD to unprotected common videos, and then you can backup movies to HDD or copy movies to playable devices for watching freely. Now please follow the steps below to convert WMV to Sony TV USB supported format, if you have other videos, the conversion steps are nearly the same.
1. Free download Acrok Video Converter Ultimate, install this program on your Windows or Mac computer, launch it as the best Sony TV video converter, with this program you can easily convert HD videos, DVD movies as well as Blu-ray movies to any formats you need, it can also work as 4K video converter to convert 4K videos for you.
2. Please click add files button on the top left corner to load the videos that need to convert, you can load batch files at one time. If you need to rip blu-ray or DVD movies please click “Load Disc” button to import.
3. Click format column to choose output format. From Sony TV official website you will know that H.264 MP4 is the best format for Sony LED TV and Sony 4K TV, so we recommend you to choose Common Video -> H.264 MP4 Video (*.mp4), if you need other formats just select according to your need.
4. You can click settings button to adjust output parameters before you transcode WMV to Sony TV, you can adjust the resolution, bitrate, frame rate, codec, etc. just change them according to your need or skip this step.
5. Click convert button on the main interface to start WMV to Sony LED TV conversion process.
Acrok Video Converter Ultimate will convert WMV files to Sony TV USB supported format with top quality and speed, NVIDIA CUDA and AMD APP acceleration is supported. When the conversion is finished, you can copy converted videos to USB flash drive, and then you can play videos on Sony LED TV and Sony 4K TV from USB, there will be no problems anymore.
You must be logged in to post a comment.