How can I import Sony NEX-FS100 files to FCP X and edit without any issue? In this article, we will share the way to transcode Sony NEX-FS100 AVCHD MTS files to Apple ProRes 422 or Apple ProRes 4444 codec MOV format, it is native editing format for FCP X, and then you can edit your Sony NEX-FS100 recordings with FCP X natively.
Sony NEX-FS100 to FCP X Problem:
“Can anyone help me to solve Sony NEX-FS100 to FCP X importing and editing issue? I have bought a Sony NEX-FS100 camcorder and I like it. Recently I have used it recorded some Full HD 1080 60p videos, the recordings are in MTS format, I tried to load these videos into Final Cut Pro X on my MacBook Pro, but I always get problems, FCP X said this format can’t be supported, in this case, do I need to convert Sony NEX-FS100 files to other more compatible formats? Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks!”
If you have bought a Sony NEX-FS100 camcorder, you may have encountered the problem just like it showed above, on the editing forums many users have said that they can’t import Sony NEX-FS100 to FCP X and edit successfully, FCP X seems can’t support the 1080 60p MTS files well, and they want a solution for this. On the market, Sony NEX-FS100 is a hot camcorder, which has equipped with Exmor Super 35 CMOS Sensor, it is able to shoot full 1080p video in a range of frame rates up to 60p, the recordings will in AVCHD MTS format. As we know Final Cut Pro X can only support limited video codecs and formats, currently it can’t support 1080p MTS videos, so if you want to import Sony FS100 to Final Cut Pro and edit natively, you will need to convert Sony NEX-FS100 to FCP X supported format.
Acrok HD Video Converter is the software that will help you to transcode Sony NEX-FS100 to FCP X, this powerful software can convert all the HD videos, such as 4K XAVC files, XAVC-S files, MXF format, AVCHD, MTS, AVI, MOV, MP4 or any other HD videos, like videos recorded by Sony 4K camcorder. It has many optimized formats for editing programs and playable devices, such as Apple ProRes codec for FCP X, Apple InterMediate Codec for iMovie, DNxHD codec for Avid Media Composer, etc. you can also use it as MTS Player to play Sony FS100 files. With this software you don’t need to worry about any video editing and playing problems. Now just free download it.
1. Download and install Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac on your computer, and then run it you will see the main interface. Both Mac version and Windows version are available to use, it is able to help you convert Sony NEX-FS100 AVCHD MTS on Mac or Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows XP, etc.
2. Please click “Add Files” button to load the Sony NEX-FS100 footages that need to convert, batch importing and converting is supported by this Sony NEX-FS100 FCP X Converter, so you can add batch files at one time, you can also import videos recorded by 4K camcorder, like Sony 4K camcorder.
3. Please choose Apple ProRes codec for output. Just click and select Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), it’s native format for FCP X or FCP 7, this software will convert MTS to Apple ProRes 422 for FCP.
4. Customization is available to use in this Sony NEX-FS100 to FCP X converter, by clicking settings button you will be able to adjust the resolution, bitrate, frame rate or others as you want. You can also leave them as default and skip this step.
5. You can use some easy editing features in this Sony NEX-FS100 to FCP X converter, click “Edit” button you will be able to trim MTS files, crop MTS files, adjust effect of MTS files, remove audios, add subtitle to MTS files, etc. just use them according to your need.
6. Click convert button to start. Besides converting MTS to FCP X, you can also use it to convert MTS to Avid Media Composer.
Acrok HD Video Converter will convert Sony NEX-FS100 to FCP X with fast speed, video and audio synchronization is guaranteed, when the software converted the videos to native format for FCP X, you can click “Open Folder” button to get the files and then import them to Final Cut Pro X for editing natively, you will not have problems anymore. Just try Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac, hope it can help you to solve video compatibility issue easily.
You must be logged in to post a comment.